• 0 Votes - 0 Average
EverFaire Epic - Discussion
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

Thanks Given: 120
Thanks Received: 50 in 44 posts
EverFaire Epic - Discussion
THIS is the discussion thread for the EverFaire Epic. If you have comments on the story... please don't hesitate to post them here. If you have questions... also include those here as well.
Thanks

Il Conte Adolfo Ludovico DiCesare DiAmore

Renpocalypse White Horseman of Romance Heart
IBRSC Liaison, FL ~ Rogue # 464
RMG #823
Character Assassin

(and occasionally known as Galsdig M'Crack...)

"Non esiste sfida non posso rispondere con la mia lingua, un stocco e una rosa"
01-12-2011 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Return to top
Shadow Wraith Offline
Vampyre Hunter

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 23 in 21 posts
RE: EverFaire Epic - Discussion
I liked your first story exerpt you put on FB, are you going to repost that here until your new story is written?

Walking side by side with death,
The devil mocks their every step.
The snow drives back the foot that's slow,
The dogs of doom are howling more...
02-03-2011 10:41 AM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

(02-03-2011 10:41 AM)Shadow Wraith Wrote:  I liked your first story exerpt you put on FB, are you going to repost that here until your new story is written?

No, even that excerpt was not done.

Just so you know... every writer has a different process.
For me, it starts out as little more than a rough outline.

That's Draft stage.

Then it gets some colour tossed in and a detail here and there... but it's still rough around the edges. That's what you saw in the excerpt.

Finally, I go through and polish it.
This consists of the little things that bring a scene to life.

I may demonstrate this by writing an excerpt, stage by stage, here on EverFaire. Let you see where I start... how it changes... and where it ends up.

RMG #823
Character Assassin

02-03-2011 02:34 PM
Shadow Wraith Offline
Vampyre Hunter

Just read part one of Adolfo and Carina....do yourselves a favor and read this. I quite enjoyed it.

05-28-2011 09:05 PM
Cullen Montgomery Offline
Playtron

Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 10 in 10 posts
Reads very easy. Very enjoyable indeed.
05-29-2011 09:11 AM
Shadow Wraith Offline
Vampyre Hunter

Rather enjoyed the second one. Interesting to see a certain man in gray as well....lol Good read!

05-29-2011 10:03 PM
Lady Jai Offline
Playtron

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Loved it.Heart Can't wait to read more.

Snuggl'n M'Crack
05-30-2011 12:30 PM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

Well, more is coming...

RMG #823
Character Assassin

05-30-2011 11:54 PM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

What's Next?

When "Adolfo & Carina" concludes, the Epic isn't over... indeed, it's just beginning... and so I am going to ask you all for some feedback here.
The next Saga is less 'focused' and more diverse, with a complex storyline interweave that I'm sure you're all going to love.
This means that, while this Saga told the tale of Adolfo and Carina's first meeting and ensuing love affair... the next will tell the tales of several different characters. Adolfo may make a cameo in that at some point, but possibly not. That being said, there were cameos in Adolfo & Carina and one or more of those characters could come back...
or this could be entirely different characters.
The storylines can be singular ones (detailing the movements and events in the life of one character) or group ones (where more than one of you are traveling together, interacting, etc.)

What I am looking for here is your input on WHO you think should be in the next Saga. If you want in, speak up now... if you want to share a storyline with someone, say so... this is your chance to help me steer the Epic.

Now, for any of you who haven't figured out my goal in writing this... my intention is to create a wondrous web of persona storylines that cross and connect and diverge and separate... sometimes, they run parallel...
but it's a huge Epic explaining how all of our personae know one another.

I thank all of you in advance for your comments and participation!

RMG #823
Character Assassin

06-02-2011 01:19 AM
Playtron

Yes, I'm a bit of a selfish glory hound, I wouldn't mind being in the story
06-02-2011 05:40 AM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

(06-02-2011 05:40 AM)Cullen Montgomery Wrote:  Yes, I'm a bit of a selfish glory hound, I wouldn't mind being in the story

Consider it done, Monty...

since you're a "selfish glory hound", I'm assuming you want your segment to be solely about you... so I'll work in a singular storyline for you.

Who else? We need multiple characters... maybe a few of you want to have the tale told of how you met? Your first adventure together?

RMG #823
Character Assassin

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2011 01:29 PM by Count Adolfo.)
06-02-2011 01:00 PM
Ulfric Offline
The Horseman of Haughtiness

Thanks Received: 58 in 49 posts
well you know I hate to be in the spotlight..Mischief

Great work on the story thus far..very entertaining and (as expected) well written.

Horseman of Haughtiness
Former Lord High Drunkard
Lairde Conserv'n M'Crack (Elder of O'Morda Sept)
IBRSC #1482 (2nd of MD. Chapter)
IFRP #1361 (Hidesmith of the Juryrig)
Merc #819
Certified Public Assassin
Landshark #114
Flesh Merchant
John Galt
06-02-2011 01:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Return to top
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

(06-02-2011 01:49 PM)Ulfric Wrote:  well you know I hate to be in the spotlight..Mischief

Great work on the story thus far..very entertaining and (as expected) well written.

Thank you, Brother! I am glad you like it!

OK, so 'Ulfric' is in for the next Saga... is this segment of it going to be a solo or should it have to do with Lupa? Or others as well?

RMG #823
Character Assassin

06-02-2011 03:07 PM
Ulfric Offline

Thanks Received: 58 in 49 posts
I give you full artistic license...Mischief

Horseman of Haughtiness
Former Lord High Drunkard
Lairde Conserv'n M'Crack (Elder of O'Morda Sept)
IBRSC #1482 (2nd of MD. Chapter)
IFRP #1361 (Hidesmith of the Juryrig)
Merc #819
Certified Public Assassin
Landshark #114
Flesh Merchant
John Galt
06-03-2011 05:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Return to top
Playtron

(06-02-2011 01:00 PM)Count Adolfo Wrote:  
(06-02-2011 05:40 AM)Cullen Montgomery Wrote:  Yes, I'm a bit of a selfish glory hound, I wouldn't mind being in the story

since you're a "selfish glory hound", I'm assuming you want your segment to be solely about you... so I'll work in a singular storyline for you.

Who else? We need multiple characters... maybe a few of you want to have the tale told of how you met? Your first adventure together?

I am honoured, but I would be happy just being a part of the larger story. I think my 'background' I posted here is enough of a solo story and hopefully will allow you to weave me into the mythos you are currently creating.
06-03-2011 07:18 AM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

(06-03-2011 07:18 AM)Cullen Montgomery Wrote:  

I am honoured, but I would be happy just being a part of the larger story. I think my 'background' I posted here is enough of a solo story and hopefully will allow you to weave me into the mythos you are currently creating.

That's kinda what I mean... only... you'll be traveling a solo path. Let me give an example of what I'm talking about... maybe some people aren't replying because they don't understand.

As you read the story, it will bounce around from storyline to storyline... all happening concurrently... but in, perhaps, different places. So, first we might have a bit about Cullen . . . what he's doing that fine Monday morning in Margaritaville with a hangover (kidding, kidding)
and then, for whatever reason, he decides he's going to go somewhere
(maybe searching for his lost shaker of salt)
then the story cuts to Ulfric . . . who is not even remotely near where Cullen is, but has something of his own going on . . . then we cut to yet another character (or two or three or four... for instance, Lupa may very well have been with Ulfric in that part... or maybe not . . . )

But the storylines either interweave (the characters' motions take them to a common point, and they possibly meet) or perhaps they parallel, but the actions themselves influence the storyline surrounding the others (for instance, if Cullen burns down a tavern Ulfric was going to check out the mead at before he gets there . . .)

So, folks, if you're reading this... be not afraid. Jump in if you'd like your persona to be in the next story. Adolfo MAY make a cameo in it (you'll see how that may make perfect sense to you when you see how Adolfo & Carina "ends") and perhaps meet one of you or whatnot...

Sorry I have not added anything to it. Truth be told, and I really don't want to get too into it... I have had a couple bad days in a row and the story, well, just hasn't been there, but I'm sure I'll be returning to it on the morrow.

RMG #823
Character Assassin

06-04-2011 12:24 AM
Playtron

(06-04-2011 12:24 AM)Count Adolfo Wrote:  

That's kinda what I mean... only... you'll be traveling a solo path. Let me give an example of what I'm talking about... maybe some people aren't replying because they don't understand.

As you read the story, it will bounce around from storyline to storyline... all happening concurrently... but in, perhaps, different places. So, first we might have a bit about Cullen . . . what he's doing that fine Monday morning in Margaritaville with a hangover (kidding, kidding)
then the story cuts to Ulfric . . . who is not even remotely near where Cullen is, but has something of his own going on . . . then we cut to yet another character (or two or three or four... for instance, Lupa may very well have been with Ulfric in that part... or maybe not . . . )

But the storylines either interweave (the characters' motions take them to a common point, and they possibly meet) or perhaps they parallel, but the actions themselves influence the storyline surrounding the others (for instance, if Cullen burns down a tavern Ulfric was going to check out the mead at before he gets there . . .)

So, folks, if you're reading this... be not afraid. Jump in if you'd like your persona to be in the next story. Adolfo MAY make a cameo in it (you'll see how that may make perfect sense to you when you see how Adolfo & Carina "ends") and perhaps meet one of you or whatnot...

Sorry I have not added anything to it. Truth be told, and I really don't want to get too into it... I have had a couple bad days in a row and the story, well, just hasn't been there, but I'm sure I'll be returning to it on the morrow.

Take your time with it, have fun. We'll still be here. :)
06-04-2011 02:28 PM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

(06-04-2011 02:28 PM)Cullen Montgomery Wrote:  
(06-04-2011 12:24 AM)Count Adolfo Wrote:  

Take your time with it, have fun. We'll still be here. :)

Thanks, Monty!

RMG #823
Character Assassin

06-05-2011 03:46 PM
Peddlin Offline
Playtron

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 21 in 18 posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe you should add a giant leprechaun.

Guinness
06-06-2011 06:51 AM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

(06-06-2011 06:51 AM)Peddlin Wrote:  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe you should add a giant leprechaun.

Guinness

Methinks I know just the giant leprechaun ye refer to!

RMG #823
Character Assassin

06-06-2011 09:41 AM
JadenKarr Offline
Playtron

Thanks Given: 141
Thanks Received: 27 in 25 posts
I'm enjoying this story very much! I will most likely fill out a casting sheet but I will say from the get go that I do not mind anything that is to be done to my character. You can kill me off, make me evil, anything. (My first role in acting was Alice in an Alice and Wonderland spin off followed by my second and third role being the Evil Stepmother in Cinderella and Cap'n Hook in Peter Pan. I don't mind being any role in any story.)

FREE HUGS! $0.00! FREE HUGS!

Jolly RogerWaveYahooBig Hug
06-06-2011 10:11 AM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

(06-06-2011 10:11 AM)JadenKarr Wrote:  I'm enjoying this story very much! I will most likely fill out a casting sheet but I will say from the get go that I do not mind anything that is to be done to my character. You can kill me off, make me evil, anything. (My first role in acting was Alice in an Alice and Wonderland spin off followed by my second and third role being the Evil Stepmother in Cinderella and Cap'n Hook in Peter Pan. I don't mind being any role in any story.)

Well, my intent for The Epic is to bring everyone's personae together in a cohesive multilayer storyline.
Killing people off or making them villains is counterproductive in most cases.

RMG #823
Character Assassin

06-07-2011 12:26 AM
Lady Christina de Pond Offline
Lady, Dame, Helmswoman

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4 in 4 posts
I'm enjoying the story very much i'm no glory hound but you can add me now or you can wait i also don't mind if you make my character fall in love

Heart Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady Heart
shades Lady Ashley de Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari Angel
Mistress of pond castle
Dame of New CastleVictory
06-07-2011 09:10 AM
JadenKarr Offline
Playtron

Thanks Given: 141
Thanks Received: 27 in 25 posts
(06-07-2011 12:26 AM)Count Adolfo Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 10:11 AM)JadenKarr Wrote:  I'm enjoying this story very much! I will most likely fill out a casting sheet but I will say from the get go that I do not mind anything that is to be done to my character. You can kill me off, make me evil, anything. (My first role in acting was Alice in an Alice and Wonderland spin off followed by my second and third role being the Evil Stepmother in Cinderella and Cap'n Hook in Peter Pan. I don't mind being any role in any story.)

Well, my intent for The Epic is to bring everyone's personae together in a cohesive multilayer storyline.
Killing people off or making them villains is counterproductive in most cases.

Well, if it is needed in anyway (I know how stories can go at times) I'm perfectly okay with it.

FREE HUGS! $0.00! FREE HUGS!

Jolly RogerWaveYahooBig Hug
06-07-2011 09:28 AM
Count Adolfo Offline
The Horseman of Romance
The Horseman of Romance

<locking this thread down, all further discussion on the Epic should take place in the new Epic area . . .

RMG #823
Character Assassin

09-11-2011 11:10 AM
Thread Closed