Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ship types....
Taeryn Leir Offline
Good Hearted Mercenary

Likes Given: 3
ship types....
Does your adventurer fly a simple freighter? Are they a mercenary with a hot fighter? Or is your hero a more stable captain, with an actual capital ship at his disposal? Thoughts, comments, ideas on what works for you? Come on in!
11-24-2011 02:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
The Mad Professor Offline
For SCIENCE!!!

Likes Given: 0
RE: ship types....
If I were an adventurer, I'd have a plain looking ship, probably a medium to large freighter or even a decommissioned corvette, in good repair. It'd be sleek, but not overly so, and it would have high quality engines and decent armament (within the confines of the law, of course). The interior, though, would be quite swank, none of this "ship looks like it's about to fall apart and is only suitable for the dregs of society" crap. I'm gonna be transporting people in style, speed, safety, and anonymity.

Mad science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" — Schlock Mercenary
11-24-2011 11:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Taeryn Leir Offline
Good Hearted Mercenary

I suppose it really does depend on how bad your destination is, or how badly your passengers are wanted by "THE EVIL EMPIRE ™". I like your idea of utilitarian common sense on the outside, with a nice mix of luxury and power on the inside. We had a game going for a while that had our simple freighter quickly evolve into a veritable Q-ship, since the game master liked to drop the heavy end of the hammer on us constantly. Just about all of our adventures seemed to revolve around keeping " the Sexy Harpy" in the air and stealing more parts. Smile

" Suppressive Fire: When you absolutely, positively have to keep the bastards' heads down long enough to call in an air strike." Big Grin
11-25-2011 12:43 PM
The Mad Professor Offline
For SCIENCE!!!

Likes Given: 0
As they say, the best defense is anonymity, followed closely by the ability to smack your enemy's face in the dirt. Big Grin

Mad science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" — Schlock Mercenary
11-25-2011 03:36 PM
Taeryn Leir Offline
Good Hearted Mercenary

Ooh, well said!

" Suppressive Fire: When you absolutely, positively have to keep the bastards' heads down long enough to call in an air strike." Big Grin
11-26-2011 01:36 PM
TroubledGeek Offline
Chief Navigator

TMP: So. Totally. True!

I really don't know how my kinda ship would be. Something like Serenity, actually really appeals to me. Something that needs some fixing up always appeals to me, but not dead. I like working on things and fixing them.

Everyone's geek is their own. Some prefer certain areas, and others prefer only one or two areas. That's how it works! Nerd is as nerd does and nerd is only what nerd makes. I hope that makes sense.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2011 09:21 PM by TroubledGeek.)
12-02-2011 09:19 PM
Wolf Lord Drengr Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 2
I'd love to see some designs... anyone know how to do CGI? or draw? or whatever?

Wolf Lord Drengr
12-18-2011 04:35 PM
Taeryn Leir Offline
Good Hearted Mercenary

Oohh... would hve to sharpen up the crayons. I can spell CGI...but thats about it.

12-18-2011 05:40 PM
Wolf Lord Drengr Offline
Administrator

I can draw.
I know the Mad Professor has some mad design skills.
I tried learning CGI once but it's very hard and required too much math for me

Wolf Lord Drengr
12-18-2011 08:13 PM
Taeryn Leir Offline
Good Hearted Mercenary

Avoiding math...my best skill! Anywhoo, I did some looking around and found these. I do NOT own any of these, but just wanted to share the neatness. They give a certain amount of ideas as to different hull planoforms if nothing else. Wink

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011 12:32 AM by Taeryn Leir.)
12-28-2011 12:28 AM
Wolf Lord Drengr Offline
Administrator

MAN, is there a funny story I could tell, there...

Wolf Lord Drengr
01-02-2012 01:52 AM
Taeryn Leir Offline
Good Hearted Mercenary

(01-02-2012 01:52 AM)Wolf Lord Drengr Wrote:  MAN, is there a funny story I could tell, there...
feel free! We have plenty of time here inside the vortex, right? Big Grin

01-02-2012 11:59 PM
Wolf Lord Drengr Offline
Administrator

that last pic you posted... I found it a few years back... and something about it... looking at it... inspired me to start writing...
and that little idea has blown up into an enormous sci-fi
irony? it has nothing at all to do with THAT ship... but... it was what spurred the process

Wolf Lord Drengr
01-04-2012 03:16 AM